September always feels like the true new year. Maybe that’s because nearly all my life the school year has determined mine and my children’s schedules.
What You Can Expect at Literate Lives This Year
I have spent some time reflecting over the summer and have determined a number of features I would like to commit to for this upcoming school year.
For the 2015-2016 school year, readers may anticipate a variety of blog posts and the following regular features:
- “Play with Your Words” writing prompts to inspire you, your students, or your family to write in a variety of genres
- “Reading Response Exercises” to develop the skill of extending your understanding of and responding to reading, in writing or discussion
- “Poetry Writing Prompts” to engage in work play, capture memories, develop word choice and writing fluency skills, and just plain have fun
- Introduction of Greek and Latin roots to develop vocabulary and new-word “attack” skills
- Quotes to ponder
- And my monthly, annotated reading log
Why Might You Want to Follow Literate Lives?
You love to read.
You love to write.
You have children you want to encourage to read and write.
You are a teacher eager to help you students improve their reading and writing skills.
My heartfelt desire is to help you nurture a reading and writing lifestyle, be it at school or in the home. Literacy is the key that unlocks the door to bright tomorrows. A committed adult can make a world of difference in a child’s life. I hope to help you make that difference and wish you a wonderful back-to-school experience and a rich and literate life!