The SCBWI (that’s Society of Book Writers and Illustrators) Oregon fall retreat, Turning a New Leaf, is coming up in just a little over a month. It will be held October 15 to 18, to be precise.
This retreat has long been a highlight of my writing year.
What to Expect at this year’s SCBWI Oregon Fall Retreat?
There will be workshops taught by our outstanding faculty:
- Heather Alexander, Agent, Pippin Properties
- Marie Lamba, Associate Agent, The Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
- Andrea Welch, Senior Editor, Beach Lane Books
- Tiffany Liao, Associate Editor, Razorbill/Penguin Random House
There will be opportunities to participate in The Line Up–a first line’s critique session, roundtable faculty group critiques, a Mini Book Launch for PAL members with new releases since last October’s retreat, an Illustrators’ Showcase, optional critique groups by genre, open mic readings, an Illustrator Portfolio Display, and one-on-one Consultations for manuscript critiques and portfolio critiques.
Come Join Us!
- Where: The Oregon Gardens Resort in Silverton, Oregon
- When: Thursday, October 15-Sunday, October 18
- How to Register: Just follow this link to the SCBWI Oregon website.
Why Attend the SCBWI Oregon Fall Retreat?
- to learn
- to make writing friends
- to return recharged for a new season of writing
As I said, this retreat is always a highlight of my writing year. What conferences and events have you found valuable to your literate lifestyle?