Even as I packed up my desk and turned in my school badge and keys, I did not feel as though summer was here. Today, however, when I did not have to wake up to my alarm clock, and was able to get up and sip a mocha while reading a writing magazine, I realized summer vacation has begun.
So, what’s on my agenda for this summer? Getting back to blogging looms large on my list.
Other items that rank high on my agenda include:
- Typing in the final revisions on my novel The Swallow’s Spring I can at last begin my search for a literary agent.
- Reorganizing my office so it is more user-friendly and therefore can remain more functional next school year.
- Sorting out my boxed of files, particularly my teaching files so I can find the resources I want more easily next year.
- Mapping out the two novels I want to begin working on this next year.
- Spending time with my husband, granddaughters, kids, and Mom.
- And maybe even starting an art journal. (See my “Journal” and “Oodles of Doodles” boards on Pinterest”
What’s on your agenda for the summer?