What is your favorite comic strip or graphic novel?
Web-storm your favorite comics or graphic novels in order to gather and organize the information you will want to use when you begin writing. Create a bubble for each comic/novel you like, writing its title in the center.
Read over the options you have provided for yourself, and select the comic/novel you would most like to write about.
Write a letter to a relative or teacher who perhaps does not value the reading of comics or graphic novels explaining:
- what your favorite comic/graphic novel is
- why you like it
- why he or she should reconsider her judgment of the genre.
Remember to proof-read and revise your letter after you finish the rough draft.
When done, read what you’ve written with your writing partners or share here as a comment. Compliment one another on:
- how well each writer has explained what it is he likes about her chosen subject
- how clearly she has expressed herself
- and the use of specific details.
Then kick back and enjoy the kind of reading material you like.