Read for at least twenty to thirty minutes.
Think about what you have read. What point of view is being used to tell (or narrate) this story?
- 1st Person Point of View where the main character or one of the other characters tells the story?
- 3rd Person Point of View where the story is told by a narrator (or storyteller) who is not part of the story from the point of view of just one character per scene?
- Omniscient Point of View where the narrator (or storyteller) is not one of the characters from the story and has the ability to explain how not just one, but how many of the characters are thinking and feeling.
- Why do you think the author chose this particular point of view?
- How does the point of view contribute to the power of the story?
- How would the story be different if the author had chosen to use a different point of view?
Share your responses with your reading partners.
When you read, what is your favorite point of view and why? Please share your responses here as comments.