“The whole town was in an uproar.”
Think about this statement.
- What town?
- What happened?
- Who was involved?
- How did it get resolved?
Write the scene inspired by this statement, remembering to include:
- characters who are unique individuals
- characters with wants and hopes and dreams
- a concrete, defined setting
- a problem to suck the reader in
- action to pull the reader along
When done, read what you’ve written with your writing partners or share as a comment. Compliment each other on the strengths of your stories. Ask each other questions that can help to make any of the fictional elements more distinct.