“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ~Albert Schweitzer
- What do you think Albert Schweitzer is trying to say in this quote?
- What kind of light is he talking about?
- What kind of spark is he talking about?
- Have you ever felt as if your own light has gone out?
- What were the circumstances?
- Why did you feel that way?
- Have you ever had the experience of someone setting you “alight”?
- Who was it?
- What was it like.
Write your response to this quote, answering whatever question you may wish to address from above and discussing any further thoughts you have regarding the matter.
When done, share what you’ve written with your writing partners. Compliment one another on the strengths of their writing and the clarity of expression of their thoughts.
Extend and Connect
If you have written about someone who has helped you, why not send them a copy of what you wrote or a nice thank you note?