Summer is so close I can taste it!
Brainstorm or web ideas for a perfect moment you plan to enjoy this summer. Consider what you will:
- and feel
Select the idea and details you want to use, and write a poem in the past tense, as though you are remembering this delightful experience. You may write metered and rhymed poetry, free verse, or a tanka.
When you are done reread it. Consider revising for the following concepts:
- Are your nouns and verbs strong and specific?
- Is there a powerful sense of mood and place?
- Does your poem have a sense of music or a pleasing repetition of sounds?
- Do line breaks steer the poem?
- Do line lengths echo the mood of the poem?
When you are done, share your poem with your writing partners. Enjoy one another’s’ work. Compliment each other on the strengths of the poem or words and phrases you particularly enjoyed.
Can you mark some time on the calendar to make this poem a reality?
I would love it if you would share your poem as a comment. Or, better yet, enjoy your day and then share the poem. Did your day live up to your dreams? I hope so.